Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ahhhhhhh

Well, I'm in close to 800 bucks of debt right now, which means eating tuna and noodles for a month or two in the hopes of paying this thing off before interest kicks in, but I've got a PC that works now, and there is hella-computing going on right now. It's not the one I really wanted, (which was way better and would have been about $100 less, but I couldn't get that one because I didn't want to wait another month of saving up money, because Dell seems to be the only place willing to give credit to people who actually pay stuff off quickly...) but it's still a huge upgrade. I go from a fairly robust 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 to a freaking sweet dual core AMD processor running at the equivalent of about 4.4, and the available memory has quadrupled from 512MB to 2 gigs. Nice. There are some problems though, like the graphics card. It's a GeForce 6 series, which is way better chipset-wise than what I had, (the $65 Wal Mart card) but it has half the video RAM (64) of what I used to have, and there's no DVI input, so I have to run to Best Buy to try and find a VGA cord for my good monitor, so I can stop using this blurry, eight year old one. Also, contrary to my fears, Windows Vista seems fairly sweet so far. I like having stuff like headlines, notepads, and local weather on my desktop without having to be slowed down by massive spyware to do so. And it looks all pretty and stuff. Aww. But yeah, this monitor is killing my eyes, so I better head out before the place closes. Later, jerks.

No comments: