Monday, September 17, 2007

New Feature: Daily Stupid

This is a new thing I'm going to try for a while, until I just absolutely forget about it a week from now. In the old days, when you did something really dumb and no one was around, you could easily sweep it under the rug and live out the rest of your days without the shame of someone knowing the ridiculous crap you had done But these are changing times, and in the post-911 world, the old ways of doing things have given way to the "Internet 2.0" world, where people see fit to share any detail of their lives with absolute strangers. So in these times of greater dumbass transparency, I've decided that from now on, I'm going to keep a running tab of all the stupidest things I do from now on. So here's today's Daily Stupid:

Today while driving around doing whatever the hell it was that I was doing, I noticed that for some reason it was really hard to shift from first to second gear. Then, I realized it was because I hadn't bothered to step on the clutch at all, and basically had just ripped the car out of gear, in a move that potentially could have led to millions of dollars in car repairs. Somehow, my transmission survived, though.

No comments: