Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tales of finance

Here's how it worked out: In most months, I get paid twice, on every other Thursday. However, in May, the stars aligned for there to be an extra Thursday, and a third paycheck. That's good. But, like I always do, I forgot that you don't feel the effects of the third one until the next month, and did a bunch of stuff I should have held off on, screwed up really bad on the checkbook-balancing, and figured out that I'd have about nine dollars to last me until the fifteenth. That's bad. Very bad. HOWEVER, I just discovered a SECOND screw-up which revealed that about 24 dollars worth of bills had already been paid, meaning, the total was closer to thirty-three that I have. Also, I'm staring at a big plastic cup full of coins that I'm pretty sure is worth around $20 as soon as I find a CoinStar thingy. Tonight, I dine on food that didn't come in powdered form, motherfucker. Also, as a result of having to squeeze two checks worth of monthly bills onto one, this means I have hella breathing room next time I get paid, (nothing left but car insurance and a bizarrely small electric bill) which will actually be a check that's about $300 heavier than usual, thanks to holidays and quarterly bonuses. Sometimes, things work out nicely.

No comments: