Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ICE STORM OF THE CENTURY OF THE DAY, PART NINE

Well, I'm still without power, so I'm still having to stay across town, where it's all warm and electrical. I saw OG&E trucks about a block away from my place, so that's a good sign for tomorrow, but apparently, a whole new round of stormy crap is moving in pretty soon, so I could easily fall into that "7-10 days" area. Also, the dude on the radio, some places won't have power until after Christmas, and with my luck, that'll be me. Fun.
In other fun news, I decided to buy a half gallon of milk today, only to discover that they already had an identical one over here. D'oh. Also, decided to go against common sense and buy a pack of football cards while I was there, and I lucked out and got an "event-used football" card that's numbered out of 62, (as in only 62 of that card exist on Earth) which is really nice. On the other hand, it's a card of Robert Meachem, so it's probably effectively worthless. D'oh again.
But oh yeah, I found wires while I was at home, so here's that ICY DEVASTATION~! I mentioned yesterday:


This was the view right outside my front door yesterday. I have a strange feeling that this isn't safe.


Here's the neighbor's backyard, demonstrating probably the only good thing about not having a backyard.


Here's a tree that tried to fall on my car.


If I had a real camera, you'd see the park across the street covered in downed tree limbs.


Oooh.


Here's a tree that's currently trying to fall on where my car's usually parked.


And here's my lucky-to-be-alive car. Not only because of trees, but because of the retarded drivers around here, too. When a traffic light is out, you're supposed to treat it like a four-way stop sign. Around here, it's viewed as "wheeeee, green light!" And when the cops have the foresight to stick one of those temporary four-way stop signs in the intersection, they treat those as "wheeee, green light!"


More icy devastation from right outside my door.


Here's the view down Main Street, taken from a moving car, because I am DANGER MAN.


If I wasn't damn near dropping my camera while scrambling to take a picture at a stop sign while the "low battery" warning was blinking, you'd see that this street is entirely blocked off.


School's out, bitches.

Also, since I have the camera hooked up, here is a completely unrelated picture from like a year ago of Scooter taking a bath:


And here's my cat under a blanket, possibly to shield her from where my camera's flash has turned the fish tank behind her into DEADLY MAGMA:

1 comment:

onemadpianist said...

So much for the "Norman Bubble", eh?
Check your e-mail.