Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Um. WOW.

I can remember saying things about how I hoped Kerry lost the election, but I still wouldn't be happy that Bush won. And for you Republicans out there who haven't found a reason not to like the guy, here's one for you. He signed off on THIS. It's not as bad as they make it sound initially, as it's intended to just monitor what happens to the kids after normal household chemical use, but the problem here is that there will probably be parents who intentionally start using more poisonous shit in order to qualify for this.
Still, though, as a former Mississippi (the place where the tap water kills boll weevils) resident and exterminator, (where I would sometimes be armpit-deep in Malathion for pump-unclogging purposes) I wish this wasn't limited to kids, so I could sign up. Shit, I'd drink Windex for $970, a t-shirt, a video camera, and a framed certificate of appreciation. Especially if this was the shirt:

No comments: