Friday, June 17, 2005

More FUN.

Welp, the System Restore thingy didn;t work, possibly because of the recovery partition getting fudged up when the power went out. After a chain of events that's had me reformat and run that damn thing like ten times now, I finally got it to work, and got Windows to start running. Then, while uninstalling some of the many useless programs the fine folks at Hewlett-Packard provided, I get prompted to restart. What happens then?

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

FCUKFUCKFUCK. The exact same thing as before. So I'm going to try again, and if it doesn't work, I'll just do what I should have done and hunted down someone with an XP disk, so I can copy their System files. God damn, I hate computers so much.

No comments: