Saturday, January 13, 2007

ICE STORM OF THE CENTURY OF THE DAY 2007, DAY TWO

It's hella-cold, but nothing much else to report. The freezing rain came down as sleet instead, the roads are in this bizarre condition where half of them are just a white sheet, yet you could probably drive 55 miles an hour or like sprint down them on foot all zig-zaggy without slipping. It's weird. I'm about to totally drive across town for no real essential reason; I just got stuff I wanna do over there. That's how much of a non-issue the roads are right now. Also, the main drags have been salted, so there's barely anything on them, anyway. The big stuff hits around 4:00 am, though, and I've got the Pet Taxi (for the cat), a bag of clothing and stuff (for me), and the little container we got egg drop soup in once (for the fish), in case crazy crap happens, and I have to move in with my brother across town. Stupid apartment with nothing that runs on gas. If that happens, I'll have to endure such hardships as fireplaces and giant TVs, but I'll manage somehow.
But yeah, ICE STORM OF THE CENTURY OF THE DAY 2007~! isn't shaping up to be too much right now. I sure hope the Bears don't embarrass themselves tomorrow.

No comments: