Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I Don't Watch Wrestling Anymore: Intro

Yeah, you heard me. I've been a wrestling fan ever since I was five, and Hulkamania first began running wild. And for a while there, it damn near became an obsession, where for a couple years, I would record any minute of wrestling TV that I came across, be it WWE, TNA, an E! True Hollywood Story on the Rock, or spending twenty minutes adjusting an antenna to see NWA Southwest. But now, I pretty much don't watch anything at all. I still try to keep up with what's happening, and if I think about it, (which isn't often) I'll sometimes watch the last 30 minutes or so of Raw after work, but that's pretty much it. I no longer go out of my way to watch the stuff, and when I do, I usually get annoyed or bored and change the channel. To put it bluntly, I've been beaten over the head by too many people's shitty ideas of what good wrestling is supposed to be for too long, and I simply can't take it anymore. Wrestling should entertain me, not frustrate me and piss me off in a real-life way, and not an "oh no, the bad guy won" way. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm still a wrestling fan. Every day, I look at the illegal downloading type websites (and don;t ask me where those are, jerk) for any good old stuff, and when I have forty bucks to spend, I'm getting the Eddie Guerrero and ECW DVDs that the WWE put out. I still have that "pro-wres love" that The Great Muta is always talking about. Wrestling in its current form just hasn't loved me back in the last few years, and now more than ever. And in the next few days/weeks/whatever, I'm going to tell you fuckers exactly why wrestling hates me. And if it's any good, remember that I'll put it all together on the main website when it's done, so you don't have to flip through blog archives to find it. Heh. I'll start typing part one in a minute.

No comments: